Thank you from Collecting Smiles

Thank you from Collecting Smiles

Postby Jens » Wed Dec 22, 2010 10:01 pm

As you might have seen, Collecting Smiles has discontinued support for Colors! for homebrew. It’s been an amazing journey, but for us to move forward, we need to cut some ties with our past. Homebrew is one of those ties that complicate our future chances and we feel that the time is right to take the next step.

So what does the Collecting Smiles disconnecting itself with homebrew mean? This forum is not part of Collecting Smiles and will therefore still be here for the community. We’ve had a few people contacting us about this and we’ll appoint new admins for it. The Colors! homebrew application will always be out there, and Collecting Smiles won’t claim any rights to the homebrew releases. Most importantly, the gallery will be kept open for DS homebrew submissions and we would be honored if you wanted to keep contributing to it. The gallery is one of our greatest joys, and while we won’t be able to talk about or support homebrew, we won’t forget our roots and you will always be welcome there.

We have great plans for the future of Colors!, and I hope that you will continue to appreciate what we are working on. We can’t talk very much about it yet, but hopefully you will hear from us again soon!
Jens

Re: Thank you from Collecting Smiles

Postby Lylo » Wed Dec 22, 2010 10:45 pm

3DSWare anyone? :lol:

Seriously, thanks for such amazing app and i hope to see Colors! on the Nintendo 3DS as a official software. I wish you the best of luck in this new venture!
Lylo

Postby onlineworms » Thu Dec 23, 2010 1:19 am

Too bad I've decided to keep owning my DS for a longtime.
If Colors! is determined to be 3DS ware, there is no way I can use it anymore. :(
Well but to the Colors! itself, I'm pretty happy it can have opportunity to step forward.
Keep on your good work, Jens!
onlineworms

Postby Pa_Hsia » Thu Dec 23, 2010 11:44 am

I'm looking forward to see what the future holds for Colors!, but I'll still be using the homebrew.

Thank you for everything, and good luck in future projects.
Colors! gallery
Website

"Any sufficiently advanced bug is indistinguishable from a feature"
Pa_Hsia

Postby Naughty » Thu Dec 23, 2010 4:04 pm

Thanks for everything Jens, and I think I speak for everyone here when I wish you well in all your future projects.
It's a shame Colors! development has to end, but I think we all knew this day would come eventually, and at least we got a very decent and stable version which we can continue to use for the forseeable future.
As the last 'legitimate' beta is already floating around the internet I've taken the liberty to continue hosting it on my blog, as well as the last stable release version (1.1) and the previous version (1.06h) which should be supported by a wider range of DS carts, in case you can't get the latest to work.

You can find it here:

http://www.naughtynathan.co.uk/?page_id=482

:nathaN
Naughty

Postby Water » Fri Dec 24, 2010 6:53 am

I am not planning on buying an iphone, but if this future development makes its way towards the 3DS, you can count me in . And I am really glad this forum isn't shutting down because i am sooo not joining facebook lol. Still wish this forum would grow a little more though
Water

Postby ahahah » Sun Jan 09, 2011 2:24 pm

Naughty wrote:As the last 'legitimate' beta is already floating around the internet I've taken the liberty to continue hosting it on my blog, as well as the last stable release version (1.1) and the previous version (1.06h) which should be supported by a wider range of DS carts, in case you can't get the latest to work.

You can find it here:

http://www.naughtynathan.co.uk/?page_id=482

thank you
ahahah

Postby Reggae » Sat Jul 23, 2011 2:07 pm

Agreed.... if Colors! ever legitimately came out on the 3DS that would be the only thing out yet that would have sold me a 3DS. i will never invest into mac(even if it is the best pc for graphic design.), and would gladly pay more then charged for on the i(whatevers).

even if Colors! is no longer(or ever again) supported on DS. i am still always proud to boast and brag about the program, (believe me i have probably sold a few or at least got people to test the trial.) and hope it has a long successful life time.
Reggae

Postby Kasumi » Sun Jul 24, 2011 5:27 am

Yep, I'm of that mind too. Colors! being officially discontinued for Nintendo DS does not make it any less useful or cool. It still blows my artist friends and family away.
Kasumi

Return to Announcements